Another 30 days have gone by and I feel like I’ve done about 30 sessions! Well, not quite that many, but it sure has been busy. Which means it’s time for me to pick another one of my monthly favorites. I go through all my images from the month and put highlights into a folder first before I start to narrow it down. I won’t even tell you how many highlights I had to go through! There were so many I liked and for so many different reasons. After a lot of flipping back and forth, walking away and coming back, I finally at least narrowed it down to a handful of images from the Schaeffer’s session. Would it be a sly looking Morgan? A belly full of baby? Or a moment between mother and daughter? This month’s winner is:
So why do I love this image so much? Tons of reasons! I love the look in Morgan’s eye with the way she’s looking at the camera, I love how the yellow in her dress matches the chair she’s in, I love her little curls, and love that the green shutter we moved around ended up being in just the right spot in this pictures. The lines of it just lead you right to Morgan’s sweet face! The family’s session was at Oatlands (which, again, I love) but the room we were in posed some challenges for me in the past. It makes me happy that working in this same space again and changing a few things around now gives me one of my favorite images!
In case you missed some of my recent sessions, here is a quick recap of those posts from July. Check them out if you haven’t seen them all already!
- The Quattrone Family Portraits
- Family Ambassadors: The Wilson Family
- Issue 1: The Newsletter
- Paying It Forward: Jim
- The Simonson-Miller Families’ Portraits
- The Zochowski-Short Families’ Portraits
- The Brown Family Portraits
- The Schaeffer Family and Maternity Portraits
- The Ulmer Family and Newborn Portraits
- The Busman Family and Newborn Portraits
So what do you think? Let me know you were here by leaving a comment about any of the following:
- If you didn’t already comment on their earlier post, what was your favorite image from the Schaeffer’s family and maternity session?
- What was your favorite image from this past month?
P.S. – Coming soon is a look at Abbie and James’ after-wedding portraits! Awesomeness…